- Project name: iDecode (codename)
- Problem: African PR professionals and marketers connect with right journalists, influencers and bloggers to pitch content and generate PR value, measure impact and demonstrate ROI
- Hypothesis: That PR Professionals will create profiles and share the app
- User requirements:
- User should be able to sign-up for a free account and create a profile, login with email and password
- *User should be able search the media directory for journalists, bloggers and influencers and create custom lists based on Social media activity (in particular twitter), Related roles (past and current), Circulation and editorial/broadcast data, Topics of interest and Topics they’ve been reporting on.
- *User should be able to create clear and engaging/multimedia press releases with the point-and-click HTML composer and make it personal
-*User should be able to flight check the release with test emails. When it is ready to go, can send it immediately or set a time – aware embargo. Once the release is queued or sent, live titles to provide the user with at-a-glance delivery statistics.
-*Users will be able to send a media release to their contacts and publish to the branded online Newsroom and social media all from one platform effortlessly. Newsroom will be the online, digital home for media releases.
-*Users will be able to review live media release performance analytics, and create a stunning release report in seconds. Distribution status reports to provide detailed insight into: Who was targeted, Out-of-office replies, Newsroom online status, and Any opt-outs.
-*Users to monitor news and social media coverage through the portal to stay ahead and stay informed with relevant mentions/coverage, and quickly build professional media reports for stakeholders and clients. Users should also be able to send coverage and summaries via email, and create shared coverage folders that allow others to view online or receive email alerts or RSS feeds.
-*Users to be able to build reports with the following:
1. Adding an executive summary to the report,
2. Clicking to build a professional PDF, plain text file, or rich email – all of it done in minutes,
3. Type-ahead search to make it easier and faster to find the coverage users are looking for,
4. If its time to respond, users must be able to just click the author or media outlet name on any media item to view a detailed profile because monitoring function is fully integrated with media directory,
5. Full item text in email alerts and reports, and
6. Ability to easily update client logo on-screen and for reports, PDFs and email alerts at any time – this should be for account administrators only.
-*Users should be able to visualise the media coverage, explore the detail, and build professional reports for stakeholders and clients.
-*Users should be able to test who shared their content - url checker