VPN Client .NET Prototype
Our company aims to develop a complex VPN client that will include support for all major VPN protocols: l2tp, ipsec, pptp, sstp and OpenVpn. This will include additional features like api integration, kill switch and so on.
We are requesting a time and cost quotation for a small prototype that will show us that you are the right developer to work on this project.
The prototype will be a simple .NET desktop application developed in c# that will include the following UI elements:
- Server Name or Ip address (text box)
- Username (text box)
- Password (text box)
- Protocol (dropdown, values: PPTP and OpenVPN)
- Connect / Disconnect (button)
- Connection Log (text area)
The behavior should be the following:
- The user fills in a server name or ip, a username and a password, select a protocol (PPTP or OpenVPN)
- The user press the Connect button and the VPN connection should be established. The progress of the connection (and any other relevant data) should be displayed in the Connection Log
- When the user press Disconnect, the VPN connection is stopped. The progress of the disconnect process (and any other relevant data) should be displayed in the Connection Log
A windows installer package, that will be used for installation this prototype is required as well.
We are aware that such prototypes are available online as demo, as source code for free or small amounts of money.
We are requiring this prototype in order to see how the developer will handle such an assignment. We want to see:
- How the code is structured
- How the logic is implemented
- If / What free or commercial libraries are used / suggested. Note: we can consider including free or commercial libraries into our project even if that means additional costs.
We are also interested to find out a time and cost estimation and see how the developer is able to deliver the requirements.
This prototype is an easy assignment for any .NET developer with relevant experience. We will select several developers to complete it and after that decide who will get the entire project.
Thank you for your time and we are waiting for your time and cost estimations.