Your consulting company has been hired by the CIO to design the software architecture for Fantasy Games. The company is adding a new game titled "Asteroids" to its catalog and intends to build a multi-player environment for this new game. An entirely new subcomponent needs to be added to their existing Web community in order to support this game, and you are to create a software architecture proposal for this new subsystem. As part of your proposal, you will develop a single-player working prototype of the game itself.
The Fantasy Games community currently has 1.2 million users, and they expect that user activity will grow tremendously with the addition of this new environment. Your design must be flexible enough to accommodate the current number of users and all anticipated and unanticipated future growth. The Asteroids Web component, or subsystem, for this game should include many of the same features found on other popular online gaming sites such as chat, instant messaging, user rank functionality, and high score display, and although Fantasy games currently has a few other multi-player games available within their overall community, they would like this project to set the new standards for how similar subsystems will be added in the future.
What I need is the PROJECT VISION - For this component, you will describe the main business problem or problems and the motivations for the project.
The Vision should hit on these points.
1. What does the marketplace look like in this area?
2. What are the possibilities for Fantasy Games with this new system? For example, what is the business problem this system is trying to solve? What are the motivations to create this system?
3. What are consequences of not acting now? Consider the impact on the business' organization, individuals, and society given both global and local markets.
4. What should this new system be minimally able to do?
5. What would the software architect have to take into consideration when building the new system? For example, what different views and quality perspectives of software architecture are needed?
1. Describe the local and global marketplace for an organization.
2. Describe the possibilities and business problems to be addressed in a project.
3. Explain the consequences of not immediately implementing a new software architecture.
4. Explain the considerations a software architect must address when designing a new system.
5. Explain the minimum functionality requirement of a new software architecture system.