Publish maven project on github + convert some maven modules into plugins
NOTHING TO DEVELOP EXCEPT CODE REENGINEERING IF NEEDED.
Project source code enclosed: it is an open source project to help slot car or RC car hobbyists to develop their own car lap counter using miscellaneous market sensors.
1 - fix enclosed project setup so that all project modules appear as maven projects in eclipse (M icon is currently missing). The current project master and modules compile properly (clean install, skip tests).
2 - publish project and modules on github: github login provided as soon as the applicant is hired. Add all necessary manifests and settings to be able to import project and modules from github as compilable maven project and modules. You do not have to fill wiki or project description on github. The job is focused only on making the project available as open source project on github.
3 - convert sensor modules into plugins.
The project is made of:
- SensorMaster: parent project
- sensorTester: javafx app example to test sensors
- sensorCommon: module common to all sensors
- sensorArduino, sensorLegacy and sensorPhidget: modules containing sensor code. Each module has to be converted into a plugin for the sensorTester app. The sensor code is already splitted into interfaces and implementation classes.
The key work is to:
- replace in sensorTester app sensor creation by plugin management
- the user shall be able to add pluggin jars into the sensor tester app plugins folder to have them managed by the application
- tests can be carried out with joystick (the other sensors are under development, out of project scope)
- manage windows dlls used by some sensors like joystick. The project targets only windows right now. Key requirement: the end user DOES NOT HAVE to manage these dlls manually nor manage specific setup for them.
- provide code simplification proposal if needed
Environment: maven 3.0 + Eclipse Oxygen