we are looking for a developer who can make a simple extension for Internet Explorer. We have an extension already built in Firefox, and the IE version needs to work exactly the same... We are on a tight budget for this, because our last developer treated us poorly... We are looking for someone we can use for more projects in the future as well.
We need this project completed in less than 1 weeks time.
Our extension for IE will include these features:
- Compatible with IE 7 & 8
- Upon install, the extension will popup a small window and ask for a license key. If the license key was not entered, then one will be obtained from our website via ajax or something. I will provide a URL that will have the license number printed out on the screen.
- After install, a new tab will be opened up in the user's browser pointing to [url removed, login to view]
- After the extension has installed, there should be a place in the preferences or somewhere, where the license key number can be modified. And, again, if it is not entered or if it is blank in any way, it will get a new one from our website.
- When a user goes to [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]… An IFrame will be added to the web page right above the sponsored search results area (in all search engines). The iFrame source URL will point to a URL that i give. This URL will also include the search term that they searched and the license key number.
- This iFrame will NEVER have any scrollbars, we need the iFrame to grow with the content that is on the URL but keep a standard width… The content within the URL will contain several dynamic pages that can change height at any time. So a script must be developed to change the height of the iFrame when the content within the iFrame changes.
- MUST work with the NEW Google Instant Search… They have a new method where they don't do page refresh anymore, so we need to be able to show the plugin for the keyword they searched even if they use google instant search.
If we decide we want to work with you, we will send over our current firefox plugin so you can install it and get an idea of how it works. The IE plugin needs to be exactly the same.