I want a Java application that uses the webcam of a computer to scan an ID card. The webcam will always be open and will detect when someone waves the ID card. As soon, as someone waves the ID card, the application will decode the student's ID. The application will then check to see what day is it, and tell the student which classroom his class is located at and what time the class is.
Features of the application:
1. Use a webcam to detect a students ID
2. Decode students ID number via scanned webcam
3. Give audible, and visual feedback (Student name, Class name, Room number, Professor, Time).
4. Admin access, so that admin can change the timing and classroom of the class
5. Only professors and admin can make changes to the timing and classroom
Strictly Java, I can do it by myself, but I don't have the time.