We are a radio station in Italy, and we need an application written for the Windows platform (needs to work on XP) that will automate file transfers from numerous locations (both FTP and HTTP that are password protected) to handle the various weekly downloads of audio files from producers' websites. Our radio automation software can handle this type of job, but only as long as there are standard file names where only the date changes (i.e. if the filename also includes an "episode number" that changes on a daily basis, our radio automation software cannot handle it). I am looking for an application to handle all of our regular file transfers. Below are the requirements; please let me know if any of them significantly increases the cost or difficulty of this project.
1. The application should be able to run in the background and monitor specified locations for new files or new subfolders. The subfolder names will not be standard, so the application must be able to check the contents of each new subfolder based on filter criteria (see #2).
2. The application should be able to be configured to download only certain files based on filters (i.e. text present or not present in filename, file size, etc.).
3. Each transfer should include the option to modify the filename (either maintain filename, replace it completely, or - ideally - substitute a certain part of it with other text).
4. The application should include an option to perform file transfers only at a certain time of day (i.e. during the night), or certain days of the week (to not tie up bandwidth during peak operating hours).
5. The application should include the ability to send daily email reports that list files transferred and alert to any failures (user configures the email using his own server, should be compatible with Gmail).