We need a developer to write a custom OpenERP module for our company. The purpose of the module is to allow us to better organize & plan how we deliver our products to customers.
This is the flow we currently use when creating a "delivery run"
* View delivery orders ready to be delivered
* Divide into geographical areas, "North, South, South West etc.." (all manually done currently, data exported into spreadsheets)
* Route optimize all delivery orders for given area (again, manually done using online service)
* Once we have enough deliveries for a given area, for example North, we would then contact those customers to schedule them for delivery
* After contacting customers and confirming delivery, we run a final route optimization
* Van gets loaded with all products and then get delivered
* Van comes back with a list of what has and hasn't been delivered
* We process delivery orders that have been delivered
We would like to be able to all of this in OpenERP.
Requirements of custom module:
* Allow us to create objects called "Delivery Runs", example, I might create a delivery run called "March 24 - North"
* After a Delivery Run has been created, we can then select which Delivery Orders will be included in it
* We would like the ability to add some extra information to each Delivery Order, for example "Confirmed: yes/no?", "Assembly: yes/no?", "Time required: 4hours"
* Ideally at this stage we would like some sort of route optimization done on the selected Delivery Orders. We specify the start location and the module then grabs all of the addresses and performs an optimized route. (see [url removed, login to view] for an example on how we currently optimize a route). The route optimization could either be done entirely by this custom module or it exports data to another service which then gets imported back into OpenERP
* Each Delivery Order would be assigned a letter, A, B C etc.. "A" being the first location. (see [url removed, login to view])
* After all Delivery Orders have been confirmed, we would like the option to print the Delivery Order documents for the current Delivery Run. As well as print a separate document which lists all of the orders in a table, with their letter, A, B C etc. and possible some other information.
* At this stage the van would go out and deliver products, come back and we would process delivery orders that were delivered. We would then like an option to mark the "Delivery Run" as completed and save it for historical purposes
This is just an overview of how we think the module would work. The requirements will likely change as we discuss what is and isn't possible.