Currently our webshop is build in Shopify. If you would like to give your customers the opportunity to filter products in a sidebar (e.g. type/color/size etc) then you need a separate app to do the job for you. It does not come out of the Shopify box.
On our website [login to view URL] we are using an external app to do this for us: [login to view URL] This works pretty good, but it is not able to do the following:
We sell motorcycle parts, which means that parts can fit on a certain make, model or year. For example: 'this parts fits on a KTM Superduke 2009-2013". We added this data to almost any article via an external app called 'Metafield Manager' : [login to view URL] This metafield information is also used on a detailpage below the description: [login to view URL]
We would like to have extra fields on top of the existing filter which still can filter on type/color/size etc, but also can show only results of products which fit to a certain bike/model/year.
- a user is able to filter on type/size/price/brand
- a user is able to select a make (e.g. KTM/Suzuki/Kawasaki)
- if a make is selected, a user is able to select a model
- if a model is also selected, a user is able to select a year
- after a user selects an option, the search results will refresh instant
We are looking for a freelance developer who has experience with this problem in Shopify.