Write UNIX Shell scripts to solve the following programming problems -
1) Write a shell script that calculates GCD (greatest common divisor) of two numbers.
• You may take the input numbers from either command line or using standard inputs.
• The program must check if the inputs are numbers.
2) Write a shell script to make a CLI based calculator, the program should behave as follows:
• The program must start with a clear screen, prompting to input two numbers.
• Once given, it must list 5 operations (Add, Sub, Mul, Div, and Mod).
• Based on the user’s choice, it should perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
and modulus (manage any illegal operation e.g. 0/0).
• Once calculated, the result must be printed on a new line and the program must print “Press
any key to continue” on the next line.
• Pressing any key, the program must go back to the first step.
3) Write a shell script that takes a decimal number as input and prints its binary, octal, and hexadecimal equivalents.
• Check if the input is a number.
• You may use any inbuild unix tool to perform the conversion.
4) Write a script that takes two filenames and returns the one having more lines than the other.
• Filenames must be given with their relative paths.
• In case of a tie, the script must return both the filenames.
• In case the files are empty or do not exist, the program must print a custom error statement.
5) Write a shell script that creates a CSV file and records the number of packets sent and received by
a given network interface ordered by the timestamp.
• The interface name and the interval must be provided by the user using a command-line
• Please note, a CSV (Comma Seperated Value) file is a text file that stores a table. The
first line records the column names and the followig lines record individual rows. Each value
seperated by comma (See the example below)
name year marks
abc 2 86
xyz 1 45
pqr 2 66
• the CSV formation of the given table is,
9 freelancere byder i gennemsnit ₹2358 timen for dette job
I will be happy to pick this for you. I have over six years experience with Shell Scripting in Unix, Win, MacOS. I have read the description and would be able to complete it.
I am expertize in writing shell scripting and deployed in many production server, I would like work on your project where we can easily work on command line using $1 ..$9 variables
Hi There, I could help you with your project. I guess it would take me around 1h per bullet. (5h total) Please let me know if interested and I can start working on this right now. Regards, Leonardo