The basis is an NSIS installer which installs a music player (xap file). An existing ad server holds various parameters, according to which the NSIS installer will behave.
In specific, the behavior focuses on:
1. Applications which will be installed silently (exe files being downloaded from the server and executed).
2. Primary offers: Opt-in/out offers being presented on the first installer screen, which the user can check/uncheck. Such offers can include toolbar installation, homepage change and default search change.
3. Secondary Offers: Additional windows, each one offering a different downloadable application; the user can choose to accept or decline it.
Current status: The NSIS installer sends several parameters to the ad server (sessionID, geo location etc.). According to the data received, the ad server decides which elements should be offered to the user and sends them back to the installer. These may include parameters, text, images, colors etc.
Required: The NSIS installer will offer applications to the user according to the data received from the ad server ¿
1. Specific exe files will be downloaded and silently installed.
2. Offers will be presented in the primary screen, opted-in or out according to parameters. Commands will be executed according to user's choices.
3. Specific secondary offers screens will appear, which look&feel may be according to the data received from the ad server. Meaning, each offer will have a separate window with a different design. Downloads and executions will be done according to user's choices.
4. Data regarding the user's choices will be sent to pre-defined URLs as a json file.
The job refers to the installer-side: receiving the data from the ad server, fully programming sections 1-4 and testing it on Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit), Windows XP, Windows Vista