I am trying to understand the differences and similarities between a specific method / algorithm for Natural Language Processing (let's call it "NewNLP") and the methods / algorithms used by OpenNLP, NLTK and LingPipe.
The deliverable for this work would consist in 3 short documents:
1) Comparison between NewNLP and OpenNLP
2) Comparison between NewNLP and NLTK
3) Comparison between NewNLP and LingPipe
Each document should be structured as following:
1) Major similarities between NewNLP and ....
2) Minor similarities between NewNLP and ....
3) Major differences between NewNLP and ....
4) Minor differences between NewNLP and ....
5) Appendices ... to keep the document short, move any detailed explanation or description supporting similarities and differences to the appendices.
Besides price, your bid will be evaluated based on:
- familiarity and hands-on experience with one or more of the 3 NLP tools (OpenNLP, NLTK, Lingpipe)
- ability to communicate similarities and differences in simple, non-technical, non-scientific terms (please provide any supporting material you see fit)
- anticipated date of completion of the analysis
The description of NewNLP approach can be found in the following US patent:
[url removed, login to view]
More specifically, the focus of the comparison analysis should be on the algorithms described in the PDF:
- from PDF page 20 (document page numbered 6), paragraph numbered 0075
- to PDF page 33 (document page numbered 19), paragraph numbered 0423
Please contact me with any questions. Thanks in advance for your bid!