This is a paid test task for more work.
your task will
- prepare before starting the test task a running redmine for development (it saves valuable time of your test task time)
- you will get an existing plugin, which you have to change according to a description. It will be shared at the agreed time
Ensure you have at least 4h time in a row. The task can be done easily by experienced RoR and especially redmine developers
What are our requirements?
- well documented code with ror/ruby style documentation
- your code passed rubocop and you share the config used
- works on ubuntu version of redmine 4.0.6 and latest released version on redmine page
- works on ubuntu 20.04 version of rails 5.2.x
- delivery in our git
- ensure common constants to be constants for your implementation. Like the role name
place your best bid. Also add your your final hourly rate. Since we switch after some development tasks to hourly base. Means you estimate, you get a confirm and you file after successful delivery the time.
We consider you bid as the upper bound and a later increase before getting awarded would be a K.O. for your bid at all
Honesty / upright / open book estimations
Be aware we have development experiences and can review thus your estimates along your technical expertise. Also your deliveries will be always reviewd by a developer. So keep playing honest do not try to oversell "with complicated explanations" we will query you about them, for sure!
Also we will work only on estimates as open book. If you do not want to explain us your cost drivers (what takes most billable time) we will not award you a project!
You are a RoRs developer but no experience with redmine?
In this case this could be a good test task for you. But tell us upfront that you do not have the required expertise.
We will hire multiple freelancers/companies for the upcoming tasks. So you could be one of them if you are fast , reliable on delivery and on budget
- if you do a good job on supporting our team, we are open to integrate you into regular work
- we will need more work with porting the tests on
- kubernetize the solution for later parallel testing
- we work after enough proofs on your delivery credibility on hourly basis (with prior confirm on your estimate)
What is our budget?
we do not disclose our budget nor planned hourly rate. Offer us your best bid.
we define milestones and we file/fund each milestone before you start the milestone
Do not wait for our availability here. Don't message us with a "hi", "hello" and wait. Just ask, just answer or simply just reply. Don't write: "are you around?"