If you’re obsessed with quality, have a meticulous attention to detail, and eager to discuss functionalities with the rest of the team – come and apply your high standards in a Ruby on Rails Developer role at ScissorBoy.
Some things you would be doing:
- Building new functionalities on Ruby on Rails on top of mature software that has 6 years of development history.
- Server set up and general maintenance (we use [login to view URL] and AWS).
- Building and documenting API’s with best practices
- Communicating constantly with other server developers and mobile apps developers to speed up the development process
- Document your work and update your progress in Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- (Optional) In the future you may work in projects involving NodeJS if you have that skill
-lots of opportunities to learn and grow your skills with us
-we will work with you closely to help you reach a high level of competence & proficiency
-total freedom to work from anywhere in the world
-flexible working hours
-highly collaborative development team
-long term job (We are only interested in long term working relationships)
-High attention to detail, passion for quality and persistence to work for it
- Skills to plan your own time and meet deadlines
- Strong skill with Ruby on Rails (3-4 years)
- Good server admin skills, specially AWS.
- Databases management and building RESTful APIs
- Clean and well documented code
- Knowledge on recommended security practices and security risks
- Feel comfortable using git for version control
- Good English
Good to have:
- It would be best if you have some basic frontend skills as well (JS, html, and CSS)
- Experience with NodeJS
About the company:
ScissorBoy is a software development company located in North America with more than 10 years of experience building education apps and services for well known brands like Coty, Wella, OPI and ghd. We are committed to making beautiful, gorgeous and intuitive software that people love to use.
Besides Scissorboy projects, we have a very ambitious project to build a 3D printed eco-restorative futuristic-looking smart-home that floats over the ocean and includes an underwater living space and its own accelerated growth coral reef. It is a breakthrough in many ways. We will start with building just one premium showcase model and this could turn into an entirely new industry building futuristic floating cities. The first prototype (primitive & ugly) was launched successfully on February 3rd and it was covered by most major world media. Applications will be developed with NodeJS and will require frequent communication with IoT developers.
You can see more about the project here: [login to view URL]
How to apply:
Instead of writing a cover letter, please make a selfie video telling shortly about yourself and why should we hire you. Keep it short, one minute is ideal. Upload the video (e.g. Youtube, Google Drive, whatever you prefer) and share the link.