This is a paid test task for more work.
in redmine are versions used to handle milestones or sprints. This versions follow a clean pattern based on a starting date + 2 weeks.
So your task will be to create a plugin, which creates this versions on a specific project.
In the settings of the plugin following values are configurable
- select box to select a project
- starting date for the first version as date input field
- a number input field for increment/sprint length in days
- how many versions upfront to create as number input field
- pattern for creating the version names with using variables of a date formatter and a surrounding text with a configurable result as "Sprint SP-20211203" where "Sprint SP-" are fix and the date is always the last date of the increment/sprint
- a setting to define the visibility of the version with the same values as the Sharing field of the version
You will also have to add a menu entry on top of redmine menu, to be visible only to users having the role
In this menu a allowed user is able to execute a run "now" and to extend the upfront create numbers temporarily (e.g. a project manager can create more versions upfront)
What are our requirements?
- well documented code with ror/ruby style documentation
- your code passed rubocop and you share the config used
- works on ubuntu version of redmine 4.0.6 and latest released version on redmine page
- works on ubuntu 20.04 version of rails 5.2.x
- delivery in our git
- ensure common constants to be constants for your implementation. Like the role name
place your best bid. Also add your your final hourly rate. Since we switch after some development tasks to hourly base. Means you estimate, you get a confirm and you file after successful delivery the time.
We consider you bid as the upper bound and a later increase before getting awarded would be a K.O. for your bid at all
Honesty / upright / open book estimations
Be aware we have development experiences and can review thus your estimates along your technical expertise. Also your deliveries will be always reviewd by a developer. So keep playing honest do not try to oversell "with complicated explanations" we will query you about them, for sure!
Also we will work only on estimates as open book. If you do not want to explain us your cost drivers (what takes most billable time) we will not award you a project!
You are a RoRs developer but no experience with redmine?
In this case this could be a good test task for you. But tell us upfront that you do not have the required expertise.
We will hire multiple freelancers/companies for the upcoming tasks. So you could be one of them if you are fast , reliable on delivery and on budget
- if you do a good job on supporting our team, we are open to integrate you into regular work
- we will need more work with porting the tests on
- kubernetize the solution for later parallel testing
- we work after enough proofs on your delivery credibility on hourly basis (with prior confirm on your estimate)
What is our budget?
we do not disclose our budget nor planned hourly rate. Offer us your best bid.
we define milestones and we file/fund each milestone before you start the milestone
Do not wait for our availability here. Don't message us with a "hi", "hello" and wait. Just ask, just answer or simply just reply. Don't write: "are you around?"
12 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $42/timen for dette job
Long back i have worked in Redmine, but working in ROR from last 6 years and i am ready to work on this test task. you need to send message otherwise we cant send zip file after doing this test task.
I am professional web developer who has a good skill with ROR and Ruby. I can work 40+ hours / per week on this task. Please contact me, let us discuss the job more detail. Thank you. Ionel.