1. Background and Basic Information
This project conceived by ASISEFD is the fruit of the solid partnership between him and the lessor
Indeed, the ASISEFD is a Congolese law organization operating in the DRC since 2015. It aims at the development of people living with disabilities for the respect of their fundamental rights in a state of law and able to face the challenges to which they are face.
As a reminder, the ASISEFD was created for a mission grouped around the 4 specific objectives namely:
1. Strengthen the roles of persons with disabilities as a member of civil society in defining the implementation of the policies of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
2. Contribute to improving and establishing a model for the development and implementation of action plans and sectoral strategies that facilitate the operationalization of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, which has been ratified by the Republic Democratic Congo since 2008;
3. Defend the rights of people with disabilities and marginalized people in all their dimensions;
4. Promote the development of the individual, promote and modernize traditional and local community structures of people with disabilities, while strengthening the self-management of members through training programs, training, information, etc. .
Estimated to date at 2700 people with disabilities and their dependents in the city of Goma, the ASISEFD in its phase of accomplishment of its missions has difficulties that hinder the achievement of its traditional objectives for lack of strongly committed partners. It is in this context that the ASISEFD welcomes the partnership already in progress with the LESSOR with a view to jointly solving the strategies and means that can drive the programs that benefit the disabled in the city of Goma.
It is true that the means are limited to claim to meet the expectations of people with disabilities in the city of Goma and their dependents. However, the ASISEFD was able to identify among the needs most felt and expressed by these beneficiaries some quick impact projects in order to set up some production units with a visibility capable of contributing to the welfare of disabled people in the city from Goma.