Internet of Things (IoT) and related emerging technologies in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
and Big Data Analytics are reforming aspects of our daily life by introducing various new scenarios
including but not limited to Smart Homes, Decentralized Autonomous Vehicles (DAV) and Opensource Intelligence (OSINT). Forensic Investigators require new methods to examine crimes related to new technology. Furthermore, user data is a critical enabler to many IoT applications and further to relevant national laws such as the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU is introducing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as the most important change in data privacy regulations in 20 years.
You are required to research UK and European legislations as well as incident response methods related to emerging IoT implementations utilised within a Smart Home environment. Examples to what your essay should consider include:
- Current initiatives to perform forensics investigations and incident response on IoT devices
o What are these initiatives?
o What are the technical opportunities and challenges?
- Relevant Technology
o Smart meters
o Smart TVs
- How is the EU coordinating efforts to protect sensitive data across the region?
- The relevant procedures in the UK’s judicial system
- The role of the Magistrate and Crown Courts in the UK
- Current initiatives in European countries to deal with this concern
- The effect of the European legislation on the judicial process in the UK
A well referenced essay that should not exceed 3,600 words.
.Good flow of information
.Diverse range of current and relevant sources.
.Well argued and evidenced conclusions regarding impact on society and Business also.