Managing the quality control element of the firm you will review the work of the team producing financials & tax returns and use your analytical & technical prowess to pick up any technical mishaps and provide technical expertise along the way.
Your work will support the excellent impressions that we have on clients as well as enhancing the integrity of the information held.
Monitoring our lodgement program you will diligently track the firm’s movement towards a 100% on-time program.
Reporting to the leadership team, your efforts will involve the following:
• Reviewing draft tax returns, financials, BAS submitted by team members and providing clear concise feedback on errors or updates that should be made. Screenshots and bulletpoints help get the message across.
• Reviewing any technical matter and conducting the necessary research as to whether it meets current legislation, etc.
• Monitor adherence to the ATO lodgement program and provide management reports as to the firm’s compliance levels for tax returns and activity statement lodgements.
• Following up missing information, turnover of jobs or workpapers.
• Providing quarterly tax newsletters for our client database.
About your experience
Our supervisory team are natural analysts who are the best in picking up on fine details and applying their hard-won knowledge in tax and accounting practice.
Whilst knowing all tax legislation is impossible before providing any advice, you are likely to cross-reference any details you provide beforehand.
We seek & reward talent with a professional attitude founded on maintaining the integrity of our output.
QA + Lodgement team members should have at the minimum:
• 5 years business services experience.
• Bachelor or Master degree in finance, economics, commerce with a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CPA).
• At least 12 months supervisor experience; including the review of other’s tax returns and management of a lodgement program.
• Strong MS Office skills (including Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
• Great understanding of current tax legislation.
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Project Type: Ongoing project
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
How tax returns / financials have you reviewed? How many staff have reported to you? What was your last annual lodgement completion on time percentage? i.e. 90%, 70%, etc.
Hours to be determined
More than 6 months
I am looking for a mix of experience and value