Full Job Description
About us :
We are a dynamic, established and fast growing tax consultancy company that is dedicated to providing specialist services to UK businesses that qualify for R&D tax credits under the SME Scheme.
Research and Development (R&D) tax credits are a valuable government tax relief that rewards UK companies for investing in innovation. Companies that spend money developing new products, processes or services; or enhancing existing ones, are eligible for a cash payment and/or a Corporation Tax reduction.
We offer our services to clients operating in a wide range of industries such as Engineering, Software, Manufacturing, Science, Technology, Food, Agriculture and many others.
What we are looking for :
We are looking for a technical report writer who can write detailed and robust reports that describe the R&D activities undertaken by our clients in support of their R&D claim.
This opportunity would suit someone who has knowledge and experience of highly technical fields, who is able to extract and understand the technical areas of the R&D activities and narrate them in a written report that meets HMRC requirements and answers their 4 keys questions.
You will may be required to extract the raw information from the client and do your own background research where necessary before writing the reports.
Qualifications & Skills :
- Background in a highly technical field
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to translate complex ideas into a digestible report
- Knowledge of UK R&D tax relief scheme
- Excellent client management and rapport building
- Use of Microsoft Office & Word
- A keen interest for understanding how things work and in this case why they don’t.
- A thirst for knowledge.
Each completed report will be paid a market rate fixed fee.