This project is to write a document to be used by a martial arts school. Given video and some notes (and ample available conversation) on 6 Judo throws and 3 joint locks, we are looking for someone to write a technical document on the physics and hopefully the bio-mechanics as well of these techniques. The author should describe in a manner, how the technique fundamentally works as well as potential ways of improving an individuals motion in the technique to make it better. It should be technical but not require additional manuals to understand the material.
The objectives of the document are as follows:
1) explain the technique in terms of physics and bio-mechanics
2) provide real-world examples that reflect the principles (e.g. technique X is like a Trebuchet where...)
3) provide notes on how the execution of the technique can be improved
Simple explanations and pictures are always helpful.
I have included a list of the techniques that can be found on You Tube easily for a reference point on some of the ideas we are looking at. In addition, look at the explanations provided in "The Human Weapon" video clips on You Tube.
- Koshi Nage (hip throw)
- Seoi Nage (shoulder throw)
- Uchi Mata (inner loin throw)
- Nikkyo/Nikkajo (wrist cutting)
If you utilize 3rd part information in your development of this document, please provide references in a bibliographic section.
If a document format/stylesheet is required, this can be provided. The information should be provided in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages and all images should be provided as PNG, GIF, or JPG. All documents are to be written in English.
During the execution of the project, we expect open and continual communication on progress, questions, assumptions, etc. Continual communication is an important part of the project. We are looking for an individual who will work diligently on this project and help us with others of a similar nature.
I will be determining who I will want to work on this project by the 17th of February.
No recruitment, outsourcing or head shops should apply. I am looking for an individual only. A current experience in the martial arts (exspecially Judo, Kenjutsu, Japanese Jujutsu, or Aikido) will be an asset.
An NDA will be required by the individual assigned to the project.
If you are interested in this project please provide the following:
1) A brief example of your work to determing writing skill and clarity
2) An explanation of your skills that will help meet the needs of this project
3) A list of questions and concerns you might have
4) Any experience in the martial arts
5) An estimated (30,000 foot) estimate on how long to perofmr the work
6) An idea of how much time you can apply to this project
3 freelancers are bidding on average $283 for this job
I am a martial artist for over ten years.I understand the concept of the project i believe it is very usefull for anyone who is practising not only judo but martial arts generally.