Develop extensions, scripts or channels for quest3d software that work on architectural models to allow automating tasks below:
1. show a dialog window to user and get what to be done ( or use an external config file)
2. create a project in quest3d
3. import a 3ds or X model file
4. add lights for dark/black surfaces and objects
5. add some texture alternates for walls, floors or objects
6. add shadow effects and transparency to windows.
7. put external and internal cameras to walk around or inside building.
8. put an auto camera.
9. add controls (arrow keys, reset buttons etc)
10. generate an executable to distribute
If some of the requested features too complicated or can't be done please specify.
If you have alternative methods (other than quest3d) please suggest.
External model layers could be assumed to have meaningful names specifying door, window etc. building parts.
Project may have parts in lua script, quest3d sdk or external libraries/executables.
We request developed source codes, not only binaries.
When the program/extension started, it will show a ui to load an X file, display it, user will select some parts of the model (either by clicks or names), specify alternative texture types and bitmaps, clicking a button will enlight black surfaces by given units of light, select some parts of the model to add transparency and shadows, software will put 2 cameras (inside and outside of the building) to walk around, software will create two automatic paths to walk, finally a distributable will be generated. This executable will allow a user select outside camera view (either automatic or arrow-key controlled) , inside camera view (either automatic or arrow-key controlled), reset to initial view, walk around with no collisions with objects (tables, walls etc), click a button placed on an object ( or on the object itself) to change textures assigned to that object.