My business partner and I run a popular Magic: the Gathering React-based desktop application that runs on the Overwolf game overlay platform. We are looking to transition you into the main developer role for the app, so we’ll need your help with:
* Working hand-in-hand with another developer to migrate all projects and responsibilities to you -- building all the front end components based on the provided wireframes, designs, and requirements
* End-to-end development application features
* Implementing regular bug fixes
* Keeping our Express server running (more on this later)
You will also need to:
* Analyze requirements and documentation for new features, communicating frequently to clarify ambiguities
* Translate wireframes/designs into actual components
* Create a work plan in Asana based on the requirements
* Introduce formal tests into our testing system with every new feature or bug fix
* Provide a daily update after you log hours to the project. Meet briefly once per week to plan app work.
* Update documentation for every change you make in the app (both with Docsify and inside in the code)
* Extend our current design system/component library utilizing the existing design language
Occasionally integrate work from outside developers into our existing code base
This is a significant project, so I expect it to be an ongoing commitment for at least 6-12 months. Please do not apply if you cannot stay engaged on the project this long. Currently I have a budget for 20 hours/week of work, but this could easily increase after we’ve worked together a bit.
This project will be billed hourly. Once I evaluate your application and determine that you’re a great candidate, I’ll get in touch with you and give you a test to evaluate your reading, critical thinking, programming, and communication skills.
* Familiarity with consuming REST or GraphQL based APIs.
* Experience writing automated tests and following coding standards (Jest, Puppeteer, etc)
* Ability to build a pixel-perfect UI using screen mockups as reference
* STRONGLY preferred: familiarity with Magic: the Gathering
- If not Magic, knowledge of digital card games like Hearthstone, Eternal, Runeterra or even Pokemon or Yugioh
- You must be willing to learn/play MTG Arena a little in order to work on this app. The game is free.
* Excellent communication skills and reasonable proficiency in English. You will need to read and implement the requirements very carefully
The “and more” section -- while the majority of this app is front end work, it is critical that you understand how the back end works and can make adjustments to the existing architecture.
* Running our server Express app on a Node server and managing it with PM2
* Owning the touchpoints between the server -- mySQL and REST API, the app front end, and also our AWS Lambda server
* Train our machine learning models using previously-written Python scripts and bash
It’s even better if you have:
* An eye for front end design and making beautiful things
* Experience developing with Overwolf and familiarity with its API
* Experience using Figma or similar tools
* Wordpress development experience
We’ll be using Slack and Asana to manage the work daily. You’ll need to be able to communicate frequently on Slack and meet with us once/week for planning calls during projects.
Please respond with:
* Link to examples or portfolio of your work, particularly in React, user-facing apps, and anything games related you’ve done
* What technologies, frameworks, languages are you the most proficient in -- particularly related to the requirements above?
* How much do you know about Magic: the Gathering? If you play, how much have you played and which formats?
* How soon can you start work and how many hours weekly could you allocate to this project?
49 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $22/timen for dette job
Hello. I am a senior react developer. I have 7 years of experience in react.js development. I am very familiar with Redux too. Please contact me and discuss the project in detail. Thanks.