We are hoping to find someone who can design our company a world class real estate website with the following capabilities:
1. The ability for people to quickly sign up for a free account. People who do not have an account are limited on what they can do with the site. They may not be able to see photos or certain information about listings. Example: [url removed, login to view]
2. An excellent management section for registered users. This section should allow people to create and manage real estate listings. Also, they should be able to create a personal profile, sign up for email alerts and be notified of new listings that fit their specific criteria. Our users also need to be able to download custom paperwork/contracts and fliers that can be automatically generated using their profile and listing information. The contracts and fliers should be in PDF format.
Example: [url removed, login to view] (To see what we like, you can create a listing for free after you sign up)
3. An easy to use, all-in-one property search as well as several other types of searches. In other words, with one easy search, users need to see search results of properties being sold "for sale by owner" and agent listed as well. This means the search will have to inquire from at least two separate databases. One database has "for sale by owner" properties (this database is on our local server) and the other is a remote database with agent listed MLS properties. I would imagine searching the remote database (the MLS) would be done through IDX integration. The other search options on the site will be for open houses, rental properties and homes with lease options.
Take these sites and ingrate them together...
A. [url removed, login to view]
B. [url removed, login to view]
4. A property rating system. This is where users shopping for real estate can rate each property they look at by simply clicking on however many "stars" they think the property deserves. When certain properties get high ratings, they will become "Featured" or "Top Rated" properties. These properties will then get a dedicated frame on the side or top of the screen at all times.
[url removed, login to view] (Notice the featured properties)
[url removed, login to view] (Notice the ratings)
5. The site needs to track what properties users are looking at. It will then begin recommending similar properties to the user. Also, a report of all the viewed properties will need to be generated and available for the site administrators to view.
[url removed, login to view] (notice 'other homes you might be interested in' at the bottom of the page)
6. Integration with a map website like Google Earth. We want users to have the ability to view the location of any listed property on a map.
[url removed, login to view]
7. A frame dedicated to advertisements on the site. This should rotate ads every time the screen is refreshed or a page is changed.
8. A great back-end for site administrators. Here we should be able to manage listings, delete users, input or delete advertisements and more.
9. A shopping cart which allows people to purchase items using credit cards. We already use CubeCart and [url removed, login to view] for processing transactions...we would like to at least keep [url removed, login to view] as our gateway.
10. Users who are looking to purchase real estate should be able to contact real estate sellers on our site. This could be done using a contact form that sends email.
[url removed, login to view] (notice 'ask a question')
11. Users should be able to fill out forms to get pre-qualified on a mortgage.
[url removed, login to view]
12. Users need to be able to research local schools and other important or interesting things in the community. (Right now we are only going to be in Northern Utah)
* Everything should function on Linux servers. We host at [url removed, login to view]
I have designed the current site in Dreamweaver, using HTML framesets, Open Realty and a template (that isn't fully functioning at the moment) from our local MLS. You can view our current site at [url removed, login to view]
Collin W. Tew
Sold It Solo | Owner