I am seeking a Python engineer to create a skeleton Python project in preparation for initiating a larger software project. This skeleton project shall integrate with tools to apply a consistent set of standards to python scripts developed within that project. There are no "business requirements" or "use cases" for this skeleton project. This stage of the project is about establishing a foundation of quality.
(This project is being re-submitted with more robust proposal requirements.)
The solution shall include the following features which are both demonstrable upon receipt and are delivered with test evidence:
* Scripted build
* Dependency management (Declared imports are automatically installed)
* Formatting tool (Valid python is formatted to a specific consistent standard)
* Static Analysis tool (Common code “smells” are flagged)
* Unit Testing (Python source is executed with specific outcomes)
* Code coverage (Code not executed in unit tests is displayed)
* Commercial software license
Please review the project brief before bidding. The project brief is “Python 3 skeleton project - integrating code quality tools - project brief version 1.1” and is available both from the attached PDF and the following Google Docs link: [url removed, login to view]
For your proposal to be considered, please begin with the following:
* An answer to the qualifying question which is in the project brief.
* Include a fixed price and delivery date to complete the project brief as stated.
* A statement that you accept all the Acceptance Criteria and state how many there are.
* A statement that you shall provide each of the deliverables.
* A statement that you shall comply with both the Technology and Legal requirements.
* A list of milestones (suggested milestones are in the project brief).
As an alternative, you are welcome to challenge specific Acceptance Criteria, Deliverables, Technology Requirements or Legal Requirements that cannot or should not be complied with. Such a response can add great value by aligning the project to your own expertise.
A broad statement about your capabilities will be on your profile which I shall read carefully. It is not necessary to include this in your proposal. The proposal shall only refer to technology pertinent to the project brief.
All clarification of specifications shall be conducted in writing to provide a clear audit trail. For this relationship to be compatible with my intended way of working conversation shall be at a minimum. If it is necessary to have a real time voice or video call to communicate the details of the specification, then this project is not for you.
I shall be looking to the market for a price and time scale. I believe there is enough information in the project brief for your first offer to be final. My expectation is that the suitable engineer is familiar with the tools and constraints that are in the brief. The solution should not rely on dependencies obtained through extensive research, configuration or new tools. (If it does it suggests the solution reduces value through an obscure or circuitous nature).
Qualifying question: "What role you think static code analysis and code coverage has in the future of Python."
7 freelancere byder i gennemsnit €23993 på dette job
I have a team of IITians who can handle this project. Please do reply me. I will further elaborate on how we proceed. Regards, Vasudha B Director I8 SOLUTIONS LLP
I have briefly read the description on python development, and I can deliver as per the requirements however I need us to discuss for more clarity on the details, deadline and budget as well.