Mastodon social is an open source microblogging site. Documentation can be found here [login to view URL]
We have a forked instance running using RoR, React.js, Postgres. Python is not native to the application but works using an API to the Mastodon application. The following script, with full instructions, built in Python was written to pull RSS feeds into a Mastodon user accounts.
[login to view URL]
Project is the following:
1. feed2toot allows users with an RSS to pull in one or more RSS feeds into their post feed. [login to view URL]
2. We have three levels of user. Setup so that only top level users can access this feature.
3. User new menu item in Settings for "RSS Feeds"
4. Settings fields include: i) RSS Feed URL (ii) number of posts to pull in (iii)can add multiple RSS feeds iiv) field for name so they can keep track of which feed is which (ie Blog, Youtube, Twitter etc). (v) ability to pause or delete the feed.
4b. If possible shows post directory, this might do it....[login to view URL]
5 When turned on pulls in to user feed a post with following fields.
i) Title with line break
ii) Excerpt of up to 2988characters.
iii) "...read more" with source linked (if more than 2988 characters set)
iv) Featured image or Video link (our app will turn the link to video)
6. Cron should run nightly (2am Pacific) to pull in new feeds.
Have setup Amazon EC2 small t2 server for this app to run.
Instructions for some of this can be found here: [login to view URL]
This is similar, basically to what Zapier does.
Senior level experience with Python, React. js, Node.js and possibly RoR required.