Use twisted ([url removed, login to view]) framework to implement a CIFS (SMB) server.
Is like samba (but in minimal form) on top of twisted which is an async network library which should do lot's of the heavy lifting.
- easy network sharing of files located on a directory
- easy authentication
- implemen CIFS protocol using twisted.
- the libraries which give access to files on dir are pre-defined (allows people to do their own implementation e.g. like fuse)
- same for authentication
- keep it simple
- code will be given back to community
- should be packaged as a vapp (see [url removed, login to view])