I need someone to take over a project. The original freelancer failed to provide the deliverable on this job. Here is the project.
Create django app that allows a user to upload an html doc and receive text documents with data extracted from the html as output. Basically a merge-mail that the user pays for with "credits".
The source data html doc ("Source") is a table of medical records in a legal case. Using the Source a user would click on the entry and be able to view those medical records in a tiff document. Each medical source is identified by the name of the treatment source (Hospital or Doctor) and the date range concerned. The Source does not, however, have the address for the treatment source.
Users don't just use the Source as a way to view each set of medical records. My target user for the application are representatives whose job it is to update medical records from sources listed in the table. So if my target user of this app is looking at the table today, and sees medical records from "Dr. No" from 1/1/18 to 12/31/18, my user would need to request medical records from Dr. No from 1/1/19 to the present.
The goal of my app is to automate the representatives task of requesting updated medical records for their clients. The Source tell us who the medical source is, and tells us what date range we need to order, but not the address for the treatment source. For that we employed a database of doctors and hospitals (some problems there, but for now I am just giving you the scope of the project).
As noted above, this is basically a merge-mail, why did my freelancer fail? There are a number of complications, several of which the freelancer solved (and I will get to that), but the main problem comes from poor data input from the creator of the html file. The database name field "Parkland Memorial Hospital" will not match when the operator entered "Parkland Hospital" in the html file.
The freelancer employed a number of strategies like trigram similarity. We did attempt to limit the number of records in the database we would be looking at by limiting the scope of the query geographically based upon the address of the client (the assumption being most people are seeing doctors near them).
I tested the app by simply inputing html files to see what we would get. It seems like we could never get an acceptable result. As he tinkered it seems to get worse. More importantly, I felt we had no strategy in testing solutions: it just seems like we are throwing things up again the wall to see if they would stick. This is what I need in someone to take this project over:
1. Comfort with taking a project over. I have paid a lot of money for what we have, and as I say there were many problems that were solved. I have seen situations where the developer is so fastidious about their way of coding that the project ends up costing a fortune.
2. A clear and concise strategy on how we test solutions to the problem