I need a Calibre plugin that would monitor all PDF files in a library and upload modified files (modified, addded, deleted) to a given (configurable) folder in Google Drive.
- Should be available for Linux and Windows
- Should not have any external dependencies (i.e., when installed on a clean installation of an OS with a clean installation of Calibre, it should work out of the box when the user authorizes Google Drive access, it should not require external libraries to be installed on the PC)
- Should synchronize only one way (no need to monitor the Google Drive folder, only the local changes should be uploaded)
- Should upload the PDF metadata in a given separate folder (that is, one folder for the PDFs and one folder for the associated metadata, the actual file names will be provided later).
- Should only do the synchronization on demand (user should click a button)
The project will be free software (open source) with GPL v3 license.
After the user installs the plugin she/he would authorize Google Drive access and provide Ids of the two existing Google Drive folders (one for the PDFs and the other for the metadata).
Once the configuration is complete, the user can click a button provided by the plugin and all the modifications should be uploaded to given folders
See the attached mockup image for an example of how the GUI should look like
See [url removed, login to view] for Calibre plugin development
The plugin should not ask the user for Google credentials. It should use OAuth.