I need a working project that demonstrates SSE (Server Sent Events) working together with several standard technologies.
To be precise: You will need to create a demonstration project that:
- Uses docker-compose to tie all the pieces together
- Has a container built on "python:3.7" (or any more recent version) that uses flask in development mode and adds gunicorn for production
- Has a container built on "node:12.13" (or any more recent version), running a single-page ReactJS application
- The React application shows a "Start" and "Stop" button.
- Each button triggers an AJAX call to an endpoint supplied by the Flask/Gunicorn server.
- The start endpoint begins SSE push updates. A new update is pushed every five seconds. Each update delivers a short string of new data. This data can be anything simple: a counter, the current time, or even the current price of Microsoft stock.
- The React client receives the push updates and shows the current one on the page
Notes: The key thing I want here is a demonstration of how to use SSE between Python and React. Most of the points above are there just to ensure that you are solving the problem I need. The important thing here is to use SSE push technology. Also, the goal is for this code to be easy to understand. Your deliverable should include clean, well-documented code.