For a student research project in collaboration with the national institute for health we are looking for someone who can help us recreating results from published papers with more recent data. The general objective of this project is determine U.S. nursing home characteristics that allow the prediction of COVID-19 cases and deaths including the development of a predictive model. This objective comes along with the definition of the required data points, statistical analysis as well as necessary interpretation of the results. The key papers important for this project are from Abrams et al. (2020), the link is: [login to view URL], Mengying et al. (2020), the link is: [login to view URL] and Li et al. (2020), the link is [login to view URL]
The code must be written with Python 3 using Jupyter Notebook. Code must be documented with comments and Markdowns to create and explain the narrative as well as describe the insights gained from each step. An example of a well-documented project can be sent on request. However, in for the initial step and milestone it is sufficient to provide a rough approach and result. In order to successfully complete the project you need enough experience in statistical analysis and modelling. The regression model should be done by using Poisson, but you can find more on that in the presented papers.
What effect do the following features have on the outbreak of COVID-19 in terms of confirmed cases and deaths among residents and staff? Please provide the answers similar to the shown papers for instance: “Among facilities with at least one case, every 20 min increase in staffing was associated with 22% fewer confirmed cases (Incidence rate ration = 0.78; 95% confidence interval = 0.68-.89; P < .001)”.
The questions / features are:
1. Is the size of outbreaks among residents and staff in for-profit nursing homes higher than their non-profit counterparts?
2. Are higher ratings in health inspections also associated with lower number of infections among residents and staff?
3. Is there a discrepancy between self-reported and CMS-reported ratings? If so, does the difference affect the infection rates in nursing homes among residents and staff?
4. Does the count of deficiencies (differentiated between the severity) affect the size of outbreaks among residents and staff?
5. Are chains of nursing homes (two or more facilities from the same owner) more likely to have an outbreak than non-chains?
6. Does the occupancy rate of the beds affect the size of outbreaks among residents and staff?
7. How do registered nursing staffing hours affect the size of outbreaks among residents and staff?
8. Do facilities with a high concentration of Medicaid residents or racial / ethnic minority residents have more or less cases and deaths among residents and staff?
9. Does the number of facilities in a county affect the size of outbreaks among residents and staff?
10. How does the infection in a county affect the infection among residents in nursing homes?
Project timeline and budget:
The project has a timeline of 5 days and a total and non-negotiable (due to project requirements from the university) budget of 300 AUD. We use the first 50 AUD to determine the skillset of the freelancer. If he can provide the first answer to his approach and initial results we release the first milestone of 50 AUD. If we realise that the freelancer does not have the required knowledge or quality assurance we will cancel the project.
12 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $162 på dette job
LinkedIn Profile: [login to view URL] Aspiring Data Scientist Analyzed Covid 19 Growth and Success of Lockdown in India using Exponential Regression in Python.
I have good hands-on experience on Python. I will complete the project within the given period. I have done certification on Python for Data Science and Data Analytics.
hi, I have been working in machine learning and deep learning domain since last 1.5 year. I have good understanding and experience to work with ML problems.I would be happy to assist you in this project.
I am a experienced data scientist in a company. I have delivered a lot of project for my clients. I have relevant skill in advanced level for your project. I can deliver your project within time with quality work.