I require a light weight browser automation that "clicks a button" in Google Data Studio so it will refresh/fetch the most recent data. This action is to be triggered via a Webhook and installed on Google App Engine. You may use any language you like (e.g., Python).
The shortest data refresh setting in Google Data Studio is 15 minutes. As I embed my dashboards in other websites and Google Data Studio does not deliver the most timely data, this is a problem. However, if I refresh Google Data Studio manually in editing mode, it will also immediately deliver this refreshed data to dashboards embedded elsewhere.
HOW THIS SHOULD WORK
1) a cloud-based function (runs on Google App Engine)
2) can be called through a webhook (with parameters)
3) will simulate the manual click on the Google Data Studio refresh button
- latency between webhook and automated action should be low
- multiple dashboards need to be refreshed (running browsers in parallel)
- I need to be able to specify the URLs (for Google Data Studio) so some config is neccessary
- the Google Data Studio user log in must be persistent
- in case of web app crash, the service will automatically re-start
- I need to be able to deploy this myself (document how to do that)
- it should be a light weight web app with clean implementation
- you may use Selenium and headless Chrome or other browser automation frameworks
WHAT THIS IS NOT
I do not seek a script that refreshes my local browser.
I'm also aware of the Chrome Extension 'Data Studio Auto Refresh' but this is for refreshing the viewing mode (direct Google Data Studio URL) and does not work for embedded reports (which carry a different URL).
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will certainly get paid as agreed.
I communicate regularly and extensively, if needed.
I have a sound technical understanding, but mainly no time.
WHAT I EXPECT
You actually know what you talk about and will not pretend otherwise.
You respond to my queries as agreed.
You provide a realistic timeframe.
You share questions, problems and concerns openly so we work through them.
SO I CAN SHORTLIST YOU
A) Please propose and explain the mechanics of your approach to me.
B) Please provide a timeframe: how many hours, when complete?
C) Please provide a total cost quote: how much?