To create the most practical, easiest-to-use, most deliciously-interfaced, fastest, most stable, most flexible or custom-izable software solution to manage selling on eBay or other auction sites. The applications has to be eBay-certified.
Since i have no idea what such an application could cost in terms of programming, i used the lowest budget for now. I am willing to share in the profits of the sale of the software! I am a designer and eBay seller and can help conceive features & develop the interface etc, or put in my time.
The finished application will be my copyright. The app will require a web site in the likes of [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view], but that's another project.
For now, i'd like to know how much such a project would cost me, as an individual. I'm not a programmer, but a designer, and i am not pleased with the Auctioning solutions out there. If i could create my own software, i wouldn't want to spend so time & money just for myself, but be able to share the great application with others - hence a commercial opportunity as well.
For a better understanding, see the best of the current crop of competitive apps, which it has to improve & extend on:
$25 GarageSale: [url removed, login to view]
$40 iSale: [url removed, login to view]
$99 MareketBlast: [url removed, login to view]
features wanted: all that are part of the above applications + new ones
top features wanted:
- customized templates / integrated template or plug-in forum & downloading
- drag and drop (images / text)
- direct info/image import from i.e. Amazon / eBay etc. / eBay item specs
- eBay-like preview incl. listing fees (before listing)
- automated eBay category insertion
- bulk-upload / launch / cancelation
- accounting (auction fees etc)
- professional business reports (cash flow analysis, trends, charts etc)
- customizable & personalized client communication with MS Entourage or Apple Mail + Address Book intergration
- integrated support / feedback / tracking for both users & coders
- autoresponder system / newsletter / ad campaign
- Flickr / .Mac / own site & FTP integration
- Apple iPhoto integration
- software User Group integration
- shipping system (incl. labeling / tracking etc)
- Apple iCal integration (to manage auction start/end timing)
- Web Cam i.e. Mac iSight integration
- auction organizer incl. SmartGrouping (see iTunes app)
If you don't know what Apple MacOS X, requires for programming, please see: [url removed, login to view] For developer FAQ see: [url removed, login to view] For developer tools see: [url removed, login to view] It's an intuitive programming language. Or you can choose to port a Windows application pretty easily with Apple's - though i recommend coding for the Mac from scratch to take advantage of the full power that is MacOS X - a Unix-based system!
In any case, a dual-system software would be even better. One that works on OSX & Windows for maximum leverage.