We have an online food ordering website that collates restaurant & take away menus in a local area.
When customers order through the website, we would want that the orders are sent to the restaurants and take aways in an automated manner & thus we want a product that will receive these orders.
Product requirements are:
1. The order should be transferred using GSM/GPRS network. The order can be in SMS, e-mail or web page format.
2. The product that receives the order should be a stand alone device and not the mobile phone or PC of the restaurant owner.
3. When an order is received, the device should have a notification alert in form of a loud bell or ring.
4. The order should be printable.
5. The restaurant owner should be able to Accept/Decline the order using the buttons on the device.
Thus, the device hardware should have:
1. an embedded GSM/GPRS module or modem.
2. an embedded thermal receipt printer.
3. a notification alert mechanism.
4. Buttons to Accept/Reject the order.
The Device software should have:
1. a software to read & print the SMS or e-mail. (preferred is SMS).
2. a software to send the Accept/Reject command back to the website.
We require, a company to design and develop a product with the above mentioned requirements. Many SMS printers are available in the market at cost of $90, but we are looking for a much cheaper device embedded with the above components for cost as less as $40-50. The volume needed will be around 300+.