prepare a presentation on a topic of Bioethics. Instructions
Presentations are worth 100 points. The points will be distributed equally into five categories: Introduction, Biology/Body, Summary/Concerns, Discussion Questions, Presentation Quality. Prepare them to last 15 minutes minimum as if you were giving them in class.
1. Introduction - Succinctly state what you are going to show/describe during your presentation. Give us a road map so that we know what to expect.
2. Biology/Body - This is the body of what you present and I expect (but not required) it to be the longest in length. This should highlight the controversy, state the facts of the issue, etc.
3. Summary/Concerns - Identify concerns that make this issue a bioethical issue. Explain why they are concerns and why they are important.
4. Discussion – Create at least 3 class discussion questions that could be used to lead class in discussing the issue paying attention to the concerns that you have raised in number 3 above. Basically I want you to formulate it as if you were going to facilitate a discussion similar to how it would be done in class.
5. Presentation Quality - No hard and fast rules here, but I want you to make an effort to make sure that your presentation is in a format that helps the class. Is there too much text? Are colors good/bad for seeing in our classroom? Do you use figures that you incorporate well or did you just put them in the presentation with no defined use? Etc. See the article from the Chronicle of Higher Education to give you some ideas of “do’s and do not’s”.
Generally students in past have used PowerPoint to create and submit their presentation. Do notfeellimitedbythis.Feelfreetoexploreotheroptionsandideas. Video,podcast,[url removed, login to view] acceptable ideas. Contact me if you want to run through an idea about whether it would be acceptable.
that what the prof contact