An innovative tech startup, revolutionizing the world of media and information, is looking for an experienced PostgreSQL Database Administrator
The PostgreSQL Database Administrator is a key role for an individual who is both collaborative and can work hands-on in our large PostgreSQL-based infrastructure. Managing cloud-based PostgreSQL servers, the Database Administrator is responsible for the care, feeding, and uptime of mission-critical infrastructure. With a strong understanding of database performance, query optimization, and operational management, the DBA works closely with engineers across teams on a variety of projects. In this role, you’ll have schema, operational plans, and our database ecosystem to ensure that the right decisions are being made and that our systems are both performant and error-free.
1. Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24x7 PostgreSQL databases.
2. Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization (high emphasis on data security)
3. Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
4. Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
5. Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
6. Responsible for capacity planning and recommending paths to account for application growth that are in line with industry best practices.
7. Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
8. Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams.
9. Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
10. Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases.
11. Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage
12. Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems
13. Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
14. Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL.
15. Audit for data integrity, security and consistency across systems.
16. Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools.
1. In-depth understanding of relational and dimensional database theory and concepts.
2. Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, security and high-availability solutions.
3. Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
4. Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
5. Experience with database replication, hot standby, clustering, and table partitioning.
6. Linux platform familiarity, system resource monitoring and tuning.
7. High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
8. Working knowledge of shell scripting and writing applications in Python.
9. Previous experience with PostgreSQL in the cloud, including GCP Cloud SQL is a plus.
10. Working knowledge of Configuration Management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
11. Working knowledge for regular maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving)
12. Working knowledge of Docker and previous production experience with PostgreSQL or other databases in a Dockerized environment is a plus.
13. Ability to handle stressful problems and solve complex problems under pressure
14. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication
15. Excellent planning, problem-solving, organization and project management skills
9 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1021 timen for dette job
Hello, I would like to help you, I have more than 15 years of experience working with POSTGRESQL, MYSQL SERVER, MARIADB, in many of its versions. It is my specialty en SQL y PL/SQL.
As per details given by you you are looking for dba for short duration I am a 10yrs + experience dba and capable of accomplish this if this bid is success.