We are in need of a developer to rebuild our existing image editor single-page web application with a version better suited for reliability and modern web standards.
The Photoshop-like web app allows users to visually design a project using pre-defined templates, adding text, shapes, and images to the project -- and then create an image file (TGA) of the final project, which can then be loaded our website for use in a game.
- Creating and managing projects in the editor
- Sharing projects with other registered users
- Inserting and editing shapes, user-uploaded images, and text onto the project canvas
- Repositioning, resizing and rotating elements on the project canvas
- Reordering and renaming layers, as well as adjusting properties like visibility and lock/unlock
- Zoom in/out of interface and turn on/off visual guides that are unique per template
- Managing multiple types of layers (template-specific parts, user-defined text & images, template-specific "base paint" starter points)
- Store project data in a MySQL table
- Store template data in a MySQL table
- Store user-uploaded images in a MySQL table
Desired new features include:
- Undo/redo functionality
- Ability to freehand draw a shape
- Create a line (and adjust thickness)
- Create a shape (click and drag to create a rectangle)
Complete product details and features:
[login to view URL]
Video demo of existing application:
[login to view URL]
We are looking for someone to rebuild the application so it reduces the amount of server resources needed (currently all changes require immediate server processing power -- it seems preferable to show changes locally for the user and then periodically send the data back to the server) and improves reliability to the user. Currently, the application is built in PHP, MySQL and vanilla JS (as well as bootstrap 3 front end) and built in 2013, but we would like to update this to use more modern web technology that better suits this type of application -- we are open to suggestions on how to achieve this.
There is possibility for a longer engagement as we continue to add new features to the application.