Clone of [url removed, login to view] with comment system like that found on blogs or Topix.net.
Please visit and review this website and dictionary features so you know what is expected.
With urbandictionary, users submit definitions on the website for words -- words can have more than one definition -- the submitted entry must be approved to be published by an editor through an administrative interface. Any visitor can vote up or down on an entry or submit a new entry for that word. This version will include these basic features and the ability for anyone to add anonymous comments in discussion forum style to any entry - in the same way [url removed, login to view] handles comments for each news article or page.
- anyone can submit a new definition entry for a word not already in the dictionary via form
- anyone can submit a new definition for an existing word in the dictionary via form
- ability for any visitor to add comment, view comments and reply to comment or flag an inappropriate comment for each entry in a blog/[url removed, login to view] comment forma: number of comments are shown next to the entry and if clicked go to separate comments page
- anyone can vote thumbs up or down for each user submitted entry (like urbandictioanry) - cookie restricted so can only vote once per entry
- over time, entries (and attached comments) move up or down in the order in which they are listed based on thumbs-up / thumbs-down votes (like urbandictionary)
- this requires a multi-user editor console (login) to approve/disapprove new definition entries and ability to see list of user "flagged" comments and choose to keep or delete them. One person with total admin control and ability to add/modify/delete editor accounts. Editors have all editiing control except ability to add/create/modify other editors.
- blog / [url removed, login to view] like comment system could be done using existing open source blog code like Wordpress with the ability to take advantage of anti-spam comment features like askimet
- moderator ability to modify any entry (easy form to update a definition entry in the DB) - admin console needs to have secured login ability
- categories: ability to categorize entries alphabetically (easy) and also by a top level category: i.e. Animals --- Dog
- UI: Look, feel and functionality will be similar to urbandictionary with the addition of a comment system
- 2000+ entries are currently in flat html file format, alphabetized by letter. they will need to be parsed for entry into the database
- documentation required: good comments within code. Basic documentation of architecture/ code files
We hope to add future projects for features of this site and work with you to develop it -- I DO NOT want to have to place projects to fix bugs or repair functionality. Please only bid if you have an exceptional rating or have done exactly this or very similar before. You should also have a good feel for design since a good user interface is required (we will do the graphics, but you should create good look/feel/navigation)
Programmer must speak/write very good English. Please only consider this project after you have reviewed [url removed, login to view] and the forum system at [url removed, login to view] and can back your expertise with ratings and links to previous work. Scripted / generic responses will be ignored.
Payments will be made using Scriptlance's escrow service to protect both of us. I will deposit funds in your name and release them only when we make sure everything works on our remote server and completely fullfills specifications and professional expectations.
Be assured that we are a professional organization. We have founded, grown and sold previous companies and websites and are now seeking to outsource some of our work. Thanks.
25 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $946 for dette job
We are providing services like Web Design,Graphic Design,Web Hosting, ASP,PHP, VB,C, JAVA , Multimedia, Web Promotion, BPO services etc since last 3 years.