We want to build a smart browser experience. And now we are at the stage where we want to create an app for Android and iOS. Ideally, you will be able to tackle both.
As part of the project, we need to get the first prototype out and this needs to have the following features:
1. It needs to be fully featured, comparable to Chrome or Mozilla (ideally we could fork one open source version of one of those two projects, or anyway start from some other open source projects).
2. Given the open source versions from which we'll start could not provide total coverage of multimedia codecs, it is important to extend the capabilities of the browser we are building to all the multimedia codecs supported by Chrome.
3. It needs to natively integrate AdBlock (clearly with the option of pausing/deactivating it)
4. It needs to be able to record, store locally and send to a server the history of the browser
5. It needs to provide the ability to run some scripts (mostly already available, possibly to slightly adapt to mobile requests). Those are to be discussed in further detail once we start talking.
For any of the points above involving open source projects (namely open source browsers and AdBlock), it is fundamental to make sure the code we will use is licensed in a way that allows us to use it for commercial purposes. It is important for you to know, that we will be running some checks on this matter too, based on the very code you plan on delivering.
Most of the code is already available online as part of [but not limited to] the open source projects mentioned above, and the adaptations required are expected to be marginal.