I need six changes make to my custom osCommerce site, I’ll describe each below. I tried to give lots of details so this may seem like a lot of work from all the text.
1) The default customer Billing/Shipping address handling is messy in osCommerce. One of the things I noticed is that when you register as a new customer it only prompts you for one address, and then during checkout of a product it uses that address as the billing and shipping. So it’s basically assuming… which I don’t like.
While I was digging through some code in admin/inclues/classes/[url removed, login to view] I found that it references deliver_street_address and billing_street_address, so osCommerce may already has this capability, but I’m not sure.
On ALL pages that deal with a customer address, I’d like the customer to be able to fill in a form for Billing Address and another for Shipping Address, can be in one tag, that I don’t care about. If both will fit side by side that’ll be best, but I’m not sure if there’s enough room horizontally on my site.
I am attaching a screenshot of the Billing/Shipping page that I do like, it’s from another site.
I added Street Address Line 2: field myself, but it’s not displaying during shipping process on checkout_shipping.php.
Need the State field to only allow 2 chars (required for my order management system)
(maybe shorten field size to 5 and only allow 2 to be entered, and make a note next to field to use a 2 letter state abbreviation)
I did a search for ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS throughout my entire site to show all pages that display the “Street Address:” field and I saved the report with all affected files, I can send this file when project is accepted.
***Need to make sure that this data is collected in the way that is still compatible with [url removed, login to view], that’s where my data is sent for processing.
I just need to make sure that all this data will be compatible with my Order Management system, using all proper field names and such… I will send a PHP file from my Order Management system that displays all field names and now it associates all fields with osCommerce.
2) I recently found out that the Best Sellers and New Products sections on my front page do not show a product’s “special” price.
Like if you look in the Furniture > Toddler Beds category, you’ll see a product that’s also listed on the front page in Best Sellers with a special price. I’m sure that my original web developers were just lazy and didn’t include that special price code on the front.
3) I seem to be having a problem with Sales Tax on my osCommerce site. I have to charge sales tax to all NJ customers, 7% tax, all the orders I’ve had so far do not add the tax on invoices.
4) I have a Gift Registry setup on my site, the registry is hosted by eWish.com. Right now when a customer clicks on “Add to Registry” button on any one of my products, it open up their registry with a window prompting customers to manually enter all product info (assuming they have registered a registry). [url removed, login to view] has code for the “Add to Registry” buttons that will prefill all gift fields making it easier for customers to add gifts, it needs to be modified according to osCommerce fields standards and added. I'll send code when project is accepted.
5) Currently I manually add the manufacturer name to all of my product names, but I'd like to put the Manufacturers Name field to good use... I would like to have "Product Name by Manufacturer" listed all throughout the site where a "product name" is used, is this possible? (front page, product listing, prod info, invoices, etc…) I also need the “by Manufacturer” to be apart of the product name link, where it is a link. (eg. Front page in New and Best Sellers, product listing page, product info page, etc…)
6) I need a tool that’ll allow me to Export all products from database into comma separated CSV file, with column headings at the top. It should sort products by newest added to oldest.
Here’s the required product info: All columns/fields from the “products” and “products_description” tables.