I want a very simple website developed with a REST API. Requirements are listed below.
Backend & API details:
- There are only two entities in the application, "Category" and "Article" which has one to many relationship
- Category has id, name, description, image, created date, updated date
- Article has id, name, short description, long description, image, created date, updated date.
- Category & Article Image should support two sizes, thumbnail & full size. once image uploaded it should upload in these two sizes (these two image sizes should be configurable - properties file should suffice)
- MySQL database with good ORM framework
- Two APIs needed,
1. get categories API - Simply return list of categories in JSON format
2. get articles API - Return list of articles in JSON format, should be paginated, should accept parameters such as category id, search keyword, etc.
- It would be good if there is some security around APIs, to prevent 3rd parties accessing them
Admin panal: (2 pages)
- Simple CRUD operations for Categories (Create categories with image, update, delete)
- Simple CRUD operations for Articles (Create articles with image, update, delete)
- No user management required and admin pages should be authenticated simply against hardcoded username/password
Public Website Page:
- Home page: This needs to be a professional but simple news website home page, categories listed top of the page and few articles of each category should be presented nicely on the main page.
- Category page: When I click on category, website should be redirected to category page which displays Article for selected category
- Article page: When I click on particular article, I should be able to read the article content
Use any freely available good professional simple template.
- KISS, keep it simple stupid with good quality
- Try to make code scalable & readable
- Use frameworks, libraries ORM, etc.
- HTML/JS frontend, PHP backend, MySQL DB (I'm open for programing languages, my retirement is to reduce hosting cost and if you have any other programming language solutions which can run on Apache server, please suggest me)
- parameters/configurations should be easily configurable, db configurations, image sizes, etc. in a property file or something.