I need a shipping component/module to be developed for Virtuemart and Joomla that will:
1) The module must allow me to specify a volume factor. This is the factor that is used when calculating volumetric weight of an item (eg. Length X Width X Heigth / Volumetric Factor = Volumetric Weight).
3) The module must be able to determine which is the greater weight (actual product mass or volumetric weight).
4) The weight of all items added to a cart must then be added together to determine the total weight for the order.
5) The module must then allow for the following back end inputs to be saved:
a) Which area/zip codes relate to which type of region it is for shipping. Eg. 0001-0100 = Main City Center; 0101-0200 = Regional Area; 0201-0300 = Special. There will only be 3 types of areas. This must be capable of Input via CSV as there are 9999 possible zip codes that we need to input up front.
b) For each area/region we must be able to specify a cost, a minimum and maximum weight which that cost applies to and a per KG charge thereafter. So for example, if a delivery is to a main city center (as determined by the system per the previous inputs already built into the system), and the total weight (again determined by system) is 50 kg, and we preset the maximum weight of 5kg with a cost of ZAR50 and a per kg charge of ZAR3, then the total charge must be shown by the system as ZAR185 (50+45X3).
c) There must be an option for the customer to choose insurance or not (tick box). We must be able to specify a percentage in the back end for insurance to be calculated by the system automatically based on the total order before shipping costs. So I imagine an tick box option on the shipping page of checkout which shows in brackets the calculated cost of insurance based on the percentage specified in the back end.
6) As a final item, we would like to add a tick box option on checkout which will allow customers to add a donation to a charity that we support. If they click the tick box then they should be allowed to specify an amount they wish to donate, which will get added to their total order.
The above is how we need this module/component to be set up. If you have any suggestions or questions please mail me and I will try to be of more assistance.