Creating an application to simulate and compute how to place goods into shipping containers so they would be best loaded and optimized.
Container loading calculator is an application that is intended to compute and to place some goods into a shipping container and make their position to be fit and loaded and in an optimized way. User would have to select the kind of cargo along its dimension parameters (width, height, length, weight, and number), each cargo can be packed into some pallet or packed directly into a container. Then the program will display how the goods (cargo or pallet) are positioned within a container. The way they are positioned should be best and fit, it means they must occupy some space if necessary.
See reference below on the live site example.
For the complete flow, see the reference below on the live site example:
[login to view URL]
Must work and integrate with the following technologies
• PHP & Magento 1.9.x
• Graphic PHP library, for instance GD. Must render objects in 3D and in the right packing order, and work exactly like this tool: [login to view URL]
• Algorithm to solve, probably graph theory
• User has to select kind of cargo (i.e box, sacks, barrel). We will supply you with our cargo data via Magento Product attributes so this info must be parsed from Magento to the tool automatically.
• User is able to add more than 1 cargos, and input with different parameters (width, length, height, weight) for each cargo.
• User is able to select whether to place the cargos directly into container or pre-packed within a pallet first. Pallet parameters (dimension) are also can be changed by user.
• User is able to select whether manually input for the container data or let the application automatically choosing the container data for him. If user selected to manual input, he may add different container (different dimension/parameters). Off course the application should check if the container was too small for the loaded cargos.
• The application displays the final result
- How the goods are loaded within the container
- How much space has been occupied by the goods and available space within container
- How many container do we need, and a step by step how we packed the goods. This must be exportable via PDF
- Please note that the way we load the goods should be optimized within a container.
NOTE: I need your expertise to create the algorithm and to solve the problem. This stage is the most important thing in this application. We do not have any formula's so you will have to design this without much technical input from us. We can supply all product dimensions as required, which are all stored in Magento.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
1) On scale of 1-10 how good are you with algorithm design?
2) On scale of 1-10 how good are you with Magento integrations?