1. User Registration
a. User Name
b. User Email – Authentication through OTP
c. User Phone Number – Authentication through OTP
d. User can add other users who will be notified when the user does uploads and sends documents or recipient downloads the document.
e. User can add a predefined list of nature of documents or document description and the system can learn the same as well.
f. User can see the history of his uploads and subsequent audit trail
g. User can search through the history of his uploads and audit trails with phone number, name, email and nature of document/description
2. User can get existing users or new users to become his recipient of documents or sender of documents
3. User can see which of his connects are online.
4. User uploads the documents on the website using email or upload on website.
5. User can choose to keep the document available for 7 days online or to be deleted immediately after a successful download (default Is immediate delete)
6. The recipient receives an OTP for downloading the document from the website on his phone or email as preferred by the recipient. (There can be multiple people who are sent the same document.)
7. The recipient enters the OTP on the website and downloads the document.
8. The system maintains a log of each transaction – complete audit trail – Date of Upload, Nature of Document, Document, Uploaded By, Upload Verified by OTP, immediate deletion selected, OTP sent to Recipient, Recipient downloaded the file using OTP (Date and Time), File Deleted When (Updated as and when deleted).
Some thought needs to be put in the encryption process and hacking vulnerability of the platform during the transitional phase of the transaction happening.
We can look at sendsafely, smartvault and transfernow – for security implementations.
Open source online projects available – Linshare and ProjectSend – Linshare has enterprise security already in place.