Project Background and Description
CaptionMax (CMI) has a process setup with Brightcove in which it has php codes that uses Brightcove API for seamless integration between CMI and Brightcove. Code uses Brightcove’s Media API to move video file content from specific client’s Brightcove portal into the CaptionMax internal workflow for services to be provided (captions, subtitles, video description, technical services, etc.). Upon service completion delivery required deliverables (files, videos with embedded services, etc.) back into client’s Brightcove portal.
Logical workflow established in current process-
1. Developed authentication code via Brightcove API to allow for REST API access for GET and PUT requests to a specific client’s Brightcove portal.
2. Upon auth into Brightcove client portal, the “get [url removed, login to view]” code searches for files that have tags “cmi_ready” and then will ‘get’ those files and place them in CaptionMax AWS instance (S3). The code also changes the tags for those videos to”cmi_working”. Brightcove Media API is used for this integration between Brightcove and AWS instance.
3. Upon completion of CMI services, resulting deliverables will be placed in AWS instance together with video files.
4. Then, second Code – “ingest [url removed, login to view]” uses Brightcove ingest API to work with videos which has tag “cmi_working” and looks for the corresponding vtt file in directory and ingests the vtt caption file to the video file.
5. Third code is “confirm ingest. php” which confirms that ingest process was successful and also changes the tag of the videos to”cmi_complete” after the ingest process is complete and it moves both the video file and caption file to “[url removed, login to view]” folder.
Brightcove has recently made some changes to their API that allows us to interact with their Video Cloud. The main purpose of this project is to update the php codes that CMI uses, with new Brightcove API.
Final project must include the following-
• Code changes must be well documented.
• Code changes must be based on Php language
• Code must be well commented in different stages of code
Deliverables include edited code for all three process along with other supporting code files involved in the workflow with documentation to support them.
Code for Get Videos Updated code for Getting Videos process
Code for Ingest Video Updated code for Ingesting process
Code for Confirm Ingest Updated code for Confirming ingest process
Other supporting Code files Updated other supporting code files
Specific Exclusions from Scope
One major exclusion is that the code should not be re written in completely new language, instead the existing code needs to be edited or re written on same language.
4 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $191 på dette job
Rewrite of small integration PHP project Relevant Skills and Experience Amazon Web Services, PHP, Ubuntu 7 years experience Proposed Milestones $155 USD - task