OSCommerce Database Synchronization Module
I have two separate OSCommerce websites that share a large number of products between them. I want a utility that will synchronize products, categories, and manufacturers from one site to the other (only a one way synch is required). I was planning to do this myself, but I'm too swamped to get to it.
I will put the money into GAF escrow and will pay it out when the following requirements have been demonstrated. You will need to do the development on your own local sites as I will not provide the login to my sites or access to my databases. Since this is a generic module that should not be a problem. I'll send 50% of the payment when you deliver code that appears to address the requirements. I'll send the remainder of the funds once it is installed and works on my site. This should be a pretty quick job for someone who knows what they're doing in OSC.
If you do a good job on this, there are more jobs I can send your way.
1. The module should be callable from a cron script nightly and should work automatically without user intervention
2. The module should also be callable from the OSC admin side
3. The module should reside on the 2nd website that is the target of the synchronization.
4. The module should synchronize specific records in the following tables
5. The products, manufacturers, and categories tables of the DB to be synched have a new field named "updated". That field should be used to determine which records get synchronized.
a. If updated = 1, then the record needs to be synched
b. If updated= 0, then the record is already synched.
6. The module should query all records with 'updated' set to 1 and then synchronize them one at a time.
7. Once a record has been updated you must set the 'updated' field to 0 in the source DB to indicate that it has been successfully synchronized. That way an internal server error won't leave it in an unknown state…
8. The module should only synchronize products, manufacturers, and categories where the 'updated' field is 1.
9. The module should synchronize the tables in the following order:
10. If the module is synchronizing manufacturers, it should also synchronize the manufacturers_info record for that manufacturers_id.
11. If the module is synchronizing categories, it should also synchronize the categories_description record for that categories_id.
12. If the module is synchronizing products, it should also synchronize the products_description, products_to_categories, and specials records for that products_id.
13. If the product_id, manufacturers_id, or categories_id already exists in the 2nd DB, then you should use a mysql Update statement. If it doesn't exist, you should use a mysql Insert statement.
14. When synchronizing the databases, the manufacturers_id, products_id, and categories_id should be the same on both databases.
15. The module should be written in PHP and should conform to the basic conventions of OSCommerce.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $604 for this job
Let me be given with the opportunity to work on this project, I assure you that it will be completed in the time given and for your complete satisfaction.