I need to restore a blog nested responses commenting system for a static site that was relying on a remote database as a service platform no longer active.
In a nutshell this is what was happening:
From a form on a static HTML page, comments were sent to a locale PHP page that via CURL was sending the comment to server where they were stored.
Comments were just stored, not available to the public, and later retrieved from a locale admin page that - via a RESTful API - was downloading a json file with the whole list of comments.
The json file was later parsed from a static site generator in ruby to include comments at the appropriate location.
WHAT IS REQUIRED
As it will not possible to reproduce in its entirety what it was once online, the output of this project can be represented with the short diagram below:
local form on the site -> local page to post comment -> RESTful api exposed on the SQL machine to accept comments -> sql server to store comments
remote sql server - restful api infrastructure exposing a URL from which comments can be retrieved -> local admin page to moderate (edit, delete, approve) comments and save a local json file.
The whole process should be designed in a way I can later support a second site I need to migrate on this commenting platform.
In detail, what I need is:
- support in setting up a database to store comments.
- As database may be hosted on a separate network from where the site is, create a RESTful API framework (or use anything existent) to work with the database for any CRUD operation like posting comments, moderating comments etc.
I found this online [url removed, login to view] as a potential solution. Feel free to suggest anything else that may work similarly or to code something from scratch.
- Remote data to be protected from indiscreet and random access, avoiding unauthorised inclusion or data retrieval.
In my mind, this can be achieved with a random hash key created on the local script passed to the remote script for decryption and grant access to any further operation.
- Two unique API keys should used, one for CRUD operations and one for data retrieval, thus making the process a bit more secure
- API keys to be used as part of the URLs
Posting [url removed, login to view]
Reading [url removed, login to view]
- Amend an existing admin console, to remotely connect to the database with the above REST API to perform actions like
* approve comments
* delete comments
* inline edit comments
- provide support to integrate the designed solution within the already existing site.
e.g. how to amend the local PHP file to connect to the REST Api
Project can be initially developed locally on your end. We will integrate at a later stage.
To clarify. The offline commenting system refers to the fact that comments are stored on the remote server and used from an offline static site generator.
Apologies for the confusion.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $157 for this job
Greetings! Please consider my bid. I'm currently available and can start any time. Le't discuss the details in chat. Best regards, -Alexandre Kharlamov
It's my duty to deliver credible work to my clients. Check my previous work in Wordpress and the responses speak for themselves. I am ready to work for you. Thank you alot.