Our site is using the BuddyPress Activity Wall as a core component. At this time, if you're viewing the wall and another user does something to generate an activity, a little note comes up saying "Load Newest", and if you click that, it loads more activities onto the top of the wall.
However, we'd like to change this so that instead of this behavior, we'd like the wall to actually load just load all the new activities as they come in and display them on top of the wall. Making this more of a live feed and not just a static view of past activities.
PLEASE NOTE IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS:
1. To clarify and reiterate, we are not looking for "infinite scrolling" of the activity wall -- we already have that functionality. For this project, we actually want the new activity items to automatically load and display themselves on-top of the users activity feeds, as new entries come in.
2. We do not accept code that requires direct modification to core WordPress or BuddyPress plugins. As experienced WP developers know, that is poor practice as it would then cause the modifications to be lost when doing updates, which is not acceptable. Instead, the delivered code must either be a standalone plugin, or it must use the built-in child theme-ing capabilities provided by WP/BP. This way, when WP or BP are updated, the changes within their child themes are not lost.
3. We are only looking for a direct working relationship with a developer or SMALL development team. If you will be outsourcing this work in ANY WAY you must disclose this to us in your bid, but please note we are unlikely to accept that. If we discover that you're outsourcing this in a manner you did not disclose, we will immediately cancel/revoke the project, no questions asked.
4. We are only looking for developers who have significant experience with Wordpress and BuddyPress. Please include in your response examples of work you've done with these technologies. If you do not already know what a "child theme" is and how to use it, please do not bid.
5. This is an urgent project and it must be completed within 10 days.
6. The final code delivery must be in the form of either (a) a fully functional, drop-in WP plugin that adds this functionality; and/or (b) code that we can include directly into our existing child theme.
7. You must include in your response our project code of "Grapefruit" somewhere so that we know you've fully read this project description. Responses without the word "Grapefruit" will be rejected.
8. We do not release payment milestones until code has been delivered and confirmed working. If you are not comfortable with this, then please do not bid.
9. We do not provide direct access to our production environment. We will provide you a copy of the parent theme, which you can install on any standard Wordpress setup. From there, you can develop your code or plugin to achieve this task, and demonstrate to us that it works. Upon delivery, we will install your code or plugin on a new, clean Wordpress setup. If it works, we release the milestone.