We have a prototype for an online ordering system written in CodeIgniter that we need to convert into a stable Laravel web application:
We are open to use other frameworks aswell (eg. Symfony).
The current system is working but have a few glitches that should be fixed in the process.
Technical configuration of the current system:
- Simple web app (MVC respected) with 20 controllers
- Access to database(MySql) is not really optimized, the database is composed of 20 tables
- No template engine is used (plain PHP views)
- No unit tests are available
- Reports are implemented with TCPDF but there is a report that needs some changes.
We are expecting that the new system will have the following characteristics:
- Keep the MVC pattern
- Access the database via an ORM
- A template engine should be used for the views
- Cover the system with unit tests to validate the business logic
- Fix the layout of the broken the PDF report (only one needs to be fixed)
Needed skills :
- Git for source control
- PHP/Laravel or other framework
Please do not ask for an url or a demo, the project will be only shared with the selected candidate.
Please specify the price along with the timeframe.
Please note that preference will be given to proposals with the most reasonable timeframe.
The developer will still be needed for maintenance/update tasks when the system development is done.