1. fix the following issues:
- decrease the bandwidth usage,
- an iframe is used in every php file to identify if the im has to be opened. it is run every 6 seconds even when the im is open. the code has to be modified such as the iframe is not run if the im is already open,
- the code has to open only one im (instead of more ims from different pages),
- smooth refresh of the im; make it to add the new text lines (new message) in “text” window, if any, instead of uploading the whole im (currently it seems to upload the “text” and “contacts” windows, smiles, buttons and so on)
- if the im looses the connection with the database during the refresh, do not refresh the im (to avoid displying the message "error [url removed, login to view] not found....."). it will be refreshed next time when the connection with the database will be ok.
- “text” + “contacts” windows scrolldown (when scrolldown is used, a delay in window refresh of 14 seconds is activated) – is there a better way to do it?
- add the following new features:
a. user status in im (switch: busy or available),
b. block users,
c. manage the blocked user list,
d. remove users from im.
e. create a button “cancel” or “close” under "send file" button
f. remove the content of their “contacts” and “text” windows (clear the tables in mysql) when the users are offline,
g. show when an user from "contacts" is offline,
h. show when an user from "contacts" is online
2. test the im to identify other bugs/issues and fix them.
3. use only php (+iframes)
4. all files modified by you have to pass the validation from [url removed, login to view] for html 4.01 transitional ().