This project is for 1 of the websites, I have more with the same issue,
The back up I have is also infected with files that are sending spam
I have these guidelines from my server people on how this can be done:
1) Note : Do this for each site one at a time
2) Rename the public_html2 directory to public_html from within the file manager.
3) Still within the File Manager click the "Protect" option under the "Actions" column to create a username and password to protect the public_html directory. This will ensure the website is back online however only you can still access it and the scripts cannot be run by the hackers.
4) Backup any text, images, videos etc... and note any settings from the back-end.
5) Delete the database within the web hosting control panel and all the files in the public_html directory (do not delete the 401, 402, 403, [login to view URL] pages, the .htaccess file and the cgi-bin directory, but everything else must go). If you cannot trust that file 100% it should be deleted.
6) Remove the password protection then once removed edit the .htaccess file in the public_html directory and remove everything so it is a blank file.
7) Re-build using the latest version of whatever platform you were using.
8) Take a backup using the web hosting control panel Backup and Restore section and download it for safe keeping
Please only bid if you have read and understoo the project
34 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $162 på dette job
Hello, how are you? I am a PHP and Web security expert. I can work with you surely. I will give you good result surely.. Stay tuned, I'm still working on this proposal.